Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hans Olsen table


Craigslist RULES! I'd say the vast majority of the furniture we own that falls into the "super-cool" category (Saarinen coffee table, Danish bar with Eric Buck stools... and now the Hans Olsen table and chairs!) has come from Craigslist.

Our latest purchase is this fantastic dining table by Hans Olsen. The chairs are three legged and fit neatly underneath the table... the chair backs becoming one with the bottom border of the table.

For an added level of fun kitsch, the table came with a vinyl/board cover in its original box that even included a receipt from 1963!

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for one of these and without spending crazy money don't see finding one on a steal? what area craigslist were you on? Was it major cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a set that is in great shape, round table, 4 chairs, and added leaf
      Let me know if you are still looking.

      I am in upstate New York and sellin my set for $1700.00
      fourkane89@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi, Carrie. I paid around $500 for the table, chairs, a leaf and the table pad. I'm a master of bargain hunting though. [smile] One of the chair backs was broken so I did have to do some repairs for that price.

    The table and four chairs seem to typically go for around $1200-$2500.

    ReplyDelete